MUA ANNOUNCES MORE PATRICK INDUSTRIAL ACTION
Stockwell International has been advised of the following:
Sydney AutoStrad terminal, Patrick is reporting average terminal delays to be 6.2 days, average delay for on-window vessels is 4.8 days, and the average delay for off-window vessels is 8.2 days (as of Tuesday 13 July).
Patrick Terminals – Brisbane AutoStrad:
- Stoppages of work for 1-hour duration at 03.30, 11.30 and 19.30 on each day from Thursday 22 July 2021 to Wednesday 28 July 2021 (inclusive of those days).
- Stoppages of work of 24 hours duration commencing at 0700 on Wednesday 21 July 2021 and 0700 on Thursday 29 July 2021.
- A ban on the working of overtime from 0700 on Thursday 22 July 2021 until 0700 on Thursday 29 July 2021.
- A ban on the working of shift extensions from 0700 on Thursday 22 July 2021 until 0700 on Thursday 29 July 2021.
Patrick Terminals – Fremantle:
- A ban on attending for work on days an employee is rostered as â€œoff/availâ€ commencing from 0700 Wednesday 21 July 2021 and ending at 0700 on Wednesday 11 August 2021.
- Stoppages of work of 24-hours duration commencing at 2300 on 22 July 2021 and 2300 on 25 July 2021.
Patrick Terminals – Melbourne:
- Stoppage of work of 24 hours duration commencing at 0700 on 23 July 2021.
Ocean Freight Update
Services between Australia and New Zealand have been impacted in recent months by severe port congestion at both AU and NZ ports.
In order to reduce delays caused by this port congestion, shipping lines operating on this trade lane reduced space capacity on services, omitting the ports with the biggest delays (Sydney, Auckland) and blanked a number of sailings. This has left a huge backlog of cargo unable to be shipped on AU-NZ services with shipping lines refusing to add extra services to clear the backlog. Below is an update on each carrier:
- ANL- Fully booked until the end of August. September services not yet open for booking.
- MSC – Fully suspended booking acceptance until further notice.
- Hamburg Sud – Fully booked until the end of August.
- Hapag Lloyd – Fully booked to mid-September with bookings not being accepted beyond then.
- Maersk – no services available for booking.
Shipping Line Cosco have suspended all booking acceptance from Europe to Australia until further notice as there are struggles with huge backlogs of cargo caused by high demand for services in the last 2 months.
Shipping Line Hapag Lloyd is booking out 3-4 weeks in advance so please make your sales rep aware of future shipments as early as possible.
Bookings ex all of Asia, especially China, are very strong right now with vessels booking out 3-4 weeks in advance. Freight prices have increased significantly in July as demand for space increases. It is expected freight prices will increase on a fortnightly basis through to the end of 2021 meaning that importers will be paying unprecedented prices for ocean freight.
We have been informed that Shipping Lines Hapag Lloyd, Cosco and ANL have all suspended services from Australian ports to India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka due to severe congestion at these locations caused by COVID related lockdowns and stoppages.
Southbound Rate Restoration Ex Asia to Australia and New Zealand
Stockwell International has received notice that effective August 1st MSC will apply an additional $500/TEU to all cargo moving from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam to Australia & New Zealand.
General Rate Increases
General Rate Increases:
Stockwell International has received notice that there have been global FCL and LCL general rate increases. For specific countries and amounts please contact us directly.
1st July 2021
India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka to Australia and New Zealand
Amount: USD $500/TEU
15th July 2021
China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and Japan to Australia, and from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam to New Zealand and Australia
Amount: USD $500/TEU
1st August 2021
USA, Canada and Mexico to Australia and New Zealand
Amount: USD $200/TEU